Are you planning a trip to Leh and Ladakh? Or are you still brooding over it?
Well, I can give you 10 different reasons why Leh and Ladakh are considered as ‘the most’ visited tourist spot in India. Let’s see if my reasons are enough for you to go packing your bags or not at best time to visit Leh.
Now without wasting any more time let’s jump right into it!
- The simplest reason – is the breathtaking landscape that will leave you in awe. It’s also known as a place where ‘landscape changes dramatically’.
- Leh and Ladakh is a treat for nature lovers as well as adventurers. The top favorite of landscapes are– mountains, cold dessert, snow-capped peaks, heart-throbbing biking adventure, alpine meadows, lakes, and Buddhist monasteries. Of course, that’s not all. But let me save the rest for later!
- You can find ancient Buddhist monasteries cuddled up in the mountain. The religious festivals that are held yearly attract a lot of tourists, thus gaining the name of ‘cultural meets’.
- It’s no wonder that Leh and Ladakh are known for their cultural value, but we cannot forget how it quenches the thirst of motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country and far.
The road trip of Leh and Ladakh is a die for on best route for Leh Ladakh bike trip! Driving alongside the mountains and lakes, splashing over the small water streams, taking pictures during momentary breaks, is something we all long for… at leh ladakh road trip best time.
- Let’s not forget about the folk living there. Their warm behavior and hospitality will warm your heart even in the chilling weather of ‘The Land of High Passes’. Well, some momos, thukpas, and soup will add an extra flavor.
- Earlier we talked about monasteries and festivals, but do you know about the most famous festival of all? Hemis festival is popularly known for its color, gigantic décor which spreads along with the city, the dance, and the overall ambiance.
- Some even visit Leh and Ladakh for their meditative rejuvenation abilities. If you are tired from the daily hustle-bustle of life, you can relish in the rejuvenating powers, enclosed by beautifully carved caves.
- South Asia’s largest National Park, Hemis National Park also resides here. It’s popular for being ‘the leopard’s habitat’.
- For photographers, it is a paradise spread out like a table of a banquets. You can’t get over its beauty no matter how many photos you click. Be prepared to have enough camera space left to cover your journey with memories.
- And last but not the least, Leh and Ladakh presents to us a beautiful blend of Indian, Tibetan, and Buddhist culture.
Were these reasons enough to get you interested? Now let’s talk about the famous mountain passes, the monasteries, and all the scenic places that you can visit. We’ll also talk about the best time to visit Leh and Ladakh. Delicious foods available, and also best places to stay.
- Garnished with lofty barren mountains, Ladakh dominates the highest motorable passes like – Khardung La, Marsimik La, and Chang La passes. Notable lakes here would be – Pangong Tso, and Tso Moriri.
- Ladakh is further divided into three regions namely, Leh, Nubra, and Zanskar, who have their own artistic places to see.
- For adventures Ladakh has in its bag – The Frozen River Trek, Chadar Trek, Mountaineering, Motorbiking, Mountain biking, River rafting (on the River Zanskar), Camping, etc.
- You can spend your treasured time embraced within the tranquil vibe of the surrounding beauty. Go ahead and take a look at the magical convergence of the two rivers – River Zanskar, and River Indus.
- If you are a zoo-loving person make sure to visit Hemis National Park and say ‘hello’ to the famous snow leopards.
- If you visit in winter you can witness a bed of apricots all around. Ladakhi apricots, also known as ‘lal khubani’, or ‘jardalu’. Give it a try and tell me how it tasted.
- Next, we have the all-famous double hump camel ride in the Nubra Valley region. How can you visit Ladakh and not give this ride a try? Try it, click a picture, and send it to me!
- Silverware from Leh and Ladakh is quite popular all around the world. Not only adored by Indians, but you will also find many foreigners tempted to purchase them.
- Oh! How can I forget to mention the Magnetic Hills! The best experience to get would be – by driving to the center of the spot and getting to experience the mystical twist of both science and magic.
The best time to visit Ladakh – best time to visit Ladakh with family – best time to visit Leh Ladakh for honeymoon is during summer. April – May, and June – August would be the perfect time to pamper yourself in the embrace of Leh and Ladakh. Since it’s a high-altitude desert area, the climate can be extreme at times. Rainfall in this area is averaged less, but winter temperatures fall as low as – 40° F. So choose your vacation time carefully and set out on the road!
Foods to Try:
The best foods to try in this beautiful land are – Best food in Leh
- Momo – Momo either steamed or fried is a delicacy that we crave even in our daily lives. It is also considered the most popular dish in Leh and Ladakh.
- Thukpa – A classic Ladakh cuisine consisting of a mixture of savory ingredients with an exquisite blend of flavor, can be the perfect dish to keep you warm in winter.
- Skyu – Another traditional soup-based Ladakhi specialty is Skyu. It is often prepared in the villages with their unchanging recipes used in the past. This mouth-watering dish is a must-try if you visit in the winter season.
- Chutagi – Do you like pasta? Then you will surely love this. It is made with a rich vegetable-based sauce and is available in both veg and non-veg version. It is one of Ladakh’s signature dishes.
- Butter Tea – In Ladakh, it is also known as ‘gur gur chai’. It is made with yak butter, salt, and tea leaves. It gives off a pinkish color when served. It is a traditional beverage and is often served to hosts when visiting.
- Chang – Ladakh’s local beer, or chang is quite popular both with tourists and locals. It is used on religious or joyous occasions and often served to guests.
- Apricot Jam – Apricot, a popular locally-grown food is generally served with breakfast, as jam, and also as syrups. Apricot orchids can be found in lower altitude areas. This fruit is used for several other purposes except for the ones already mentioned.
Best places to stay in Ladakh:
7 Best Hotels to stay at:
- The Bodhi Tree Ladakh
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh
- Nubra Eco Lodge
- Lchang Nang Retreat – The House of Trees
- The Omalisa
- Zeepata Guest House (ideal for backpackers)
- Ule Ethnic Resort
How to reach Ladakh:
The nearest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport in Leh. You can easily catch a fare and settle into your designated hotel. The airport is just 3.8 km away from the main city.
The nearest railway station is Jammu Jammu Tawi. Though you cannot reach Ladakh directly by train, this station is well connected with Kolkata, Delhi, and Mumbai. You can either catch a cab or a bus. Both options are available.
We have now come to the end of our article. Hope you got the information you needed. If you would like to ask about anything, please leave a comment below.
Good luck on your journey. Hope you enjoy your trip to the fullest!
Want to experience Adventure on the bike? Kaizen Adventours is the best Ladakh bike trip organizers. We provide you Hassle-Free bike tours, Experience. Get ready to make your dream of riding in Ladakh come true with Kaizen Adventours.
Check out our Best Ladakh Tour Packages. Give us a call and let us help you book your tour package for Leh-Ladakh in your Leh Ladakh trip cost budget.
ladakh bike trip 2022, ladakh bike tour 2022, ladakh bike tours, ladakh motorcycle tours, cheapest ladakh bike trips, leh ladakh bike tours, ladakh bike tour packages, ladakh bike tour package from manali, ladakh bike rental, spiti bike tour, spiti bike trip, spiti bike tours, bhutan bike tour, meghalaya tour package, andaman tour package for honeymoon, Ladakh tour package, Leh Ladakh tour packages, Best Ladakh Tour Packages, Ladakh bike tour package, Leh to Leh bike trip, Leh Ladakh bike trip , Manali Ladakh tour package , Ladakh bike tour package , Rajasthan tour packages , Kashmir Great Lakes Trek ,Kedarnath trek package , Himachal Pradesh tour packages ,Kedarnath tours package , Leh Ladakh tour package, Best Ladakh Tour Package, Rajasthan Motorcycle Tour , Spiti valley tour package